Monday, January 19, 2015

15 days.. Do you wanna go to Starbucks?

I love this parody.. Do you wanna go to Starbucks? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SDIc6bGw9w

It's been 15 days and I've made it without my nonfat, no whip Cinnamon Dolce Latte.  I'm going to be hurt if Starbucks doesn't call me by the end of this challenge.  "Excuse us, but your card had been used 3-4 times a week and for 2 months, nothing.. Are you alive?"  YES - surprisingly yes... LOL!  14 days was the longest I'd made it in the past, sad but true. Today I was tired and having a case of the Monday blahs.. A perfect day for something warm with my name misspelled on the cup... BUT I SAID NO.  I have made it a separate goal during this challenge - I will not slide.  I know myself, if I slip once, the next time isn't very hard and then it's easier and easier.  

I am giving my boyfriend and I the "Hands in the Air - 2 Claps" Bonza salute for avoiding temptations and pitfalls this past week.  They say the first week is the hardest as your body goes through Heroin sugar withdrawal (luckily we made it without going through the shakes and sweats;)  However, we both agreed that last week was tougher.  The first week you had the adrenaline rush and excitement from starting, so it was easier to hold fast.  This week brought massive carb and cheese cravings and being in situations you'd normally indulge.  While we probably could have had a bit and counted the calories, we stuck to our goal of clean eating. Not ONE kernel of popcorn passed my lips as I held it in between my kiddos and had to smell it's buttery goodness when we went to see Paddington, not one taste of Orange Marmalade (Thanks Paddington for putting that craving out there), Not one potato, empanada, taquito, slice of brie or bite of flan during a party at our awesome neighbors home.  And while those things looked amazing - we weren't deprived.  We still enjoyed the most amazing Sancocho (Dominican Stew) known to man, just ate the meat, stuck to veggies and spent lots of time talking to great friends. It felt good to be in it together and stick to our goal of becoming healthier.  Don't get me wrong - next year for that gathering, I'll be enjoying some of those things but I'm forcing myself to take this step of figuring out what is really worth it and what is mindless eating.

At some point - I know I will count this as worth it again but not 3-4 times a week and not out of habit.  But for the remainder of these 50 days - we're on a break Starbucks.



All together now - Hands in the air, 2 Claps..  GET THAT BONZA BOOTY BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment