So onto why we're here.. I'm getting that Bonza Booty back =). I started a 50 day challenge just 10 days ago and am feeling Bonza (Awesome in Australian). << Cue "Everything is awesome" in the background>> Growing up I NEVER struggled with weight, as I recently relayed, I was called Indiana Bones because I was so skinny. I could eat whatever I wanted, never really worked out and metabolism apparently just dealt with it. I still didn't think I had a great body, thought I had too small of a chest, my thighs were too big (I was a size 2) and I recall thinking somewhere in my 20's wow, I've never been in the double digits (going from a size 8 to a 10) - well lets try it. WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING?? Looking back at those pictures I wish I would have embraced that body and skin I was in - because I'd give almost anything to have it back now.
Fast forward, I'm now 39 and promised myself I'd enter my 40's a healthier me. I've done the negative self talk too long and beat myself down with the "how on earth could you allow this? How could you be so lazy and let this happen.." Enough is enough, time to take the reigns and DO THIS. I'm done wasting my time on the negative energy, time to focus on the positives. Enough excuses -Everyone's got a story and mine is no different.. Stress, divorce, working full time, being on the road at times for work, being a mom to 2 kiddos, loss of loved ones, putting too much weight (pun intended) on what others thought and not enough on loving myself and negative self talk all added up to bring me to where I am today. As far as where I am today.. Lets just say, it's going to take sometime to reveal that # too. I'm not happy with it and I'm not defining myself with a number but still it's a number I know I NEVER want to see again. So, when the 50 Day Challenge with Bonza Bodies Fitness came up, I txt'd my boyfriend and asked him to join with me. He said yes and we dove in. (I'm pretty sure after our first Bonza workout, he also hated me for that txt.. but we're both loving the energy and health changes we're feeling after only 10 days!)
I had to ask myself when starting this challenge, what's going to be different this time? I've done some in the past, lost some, felt over confident and then let old habits creep back in. (Hello Starbucks Gold card..) For me, partnership and accountability is what is different this time. Having my significant other partner with me is huge. It makes it so much easier having someone understand what you're doing, plan recipes together, motivate each other to workout and keep each other accountable. It's also been amazing knowing that someone can know my struggles openly in this department and not feel judged. This challenge has been completely a No Judgement zone. From my Bonza Buddy/Boyfriend, to our trainers, to other participants it's really an awesome team of supportive people. I've also shared more openly (heck a lot more openly considering this blog..lol) with family, colleagues, friends who have all been incredible in their support and encouragement. That's felt more empowering than I thought it could be. It stripped back some vulnerability but added accountability and support. =)
Finally, (I swear if you've read this far - there is an end!!) my main motivation for doing this is because I want to be a healthier me - be around and enjoy life with those I love for a very long time! I lost my mom to breast cancer a few years ago and I know there are things I can do to minimize my risk. If I can do anything that prevents my kids having to go through that - I want to do my part. I can be a healthy weight (I'm not) and get regular exercise (I'm working on establishing that habit!). Who knows what the future holds - but a lot of health issues can be fixed by healthy and clean living. I feel like I owe it to me, my kids and those I love to do it. And on the not serious side - I cannot wait to go shopping again and enjoy it!!! No more making faces in the mirror unless it's a wink of approval =)

No comments:
Post a Comment