Back to my trophy - Shouldn't my clothes being looser, feeling like I have more energy, knowing I'm a healthier me and noticing positive body changes be enough? Maybe it should. For me, it's not and maybe I am being a foot stomping little runt but it's my party and I'll cry if I want to ;).
When my mom and I started a program some years ago, we decided we were going to take ourselves to New York City and treat our selves to makeovers when we hit goal. Then life cancer got in the way and we decided to just take the trip and do it anyway. (One of the most special trips ever BTW) That trip though gave us something to look forward to in the midst of workouts, not indulging in unhealthy choices, etc. I need that again.
I'm trying to think of things that give me some extra motivation to hit mini-goals - breaking through certain weight milestones, dropping sizes, completing this 50 day challenge and finally or most importantly - reaching my goal! Some of the things on that list:
- Cuter workout gear (good motivation to get to class I'd say!)
- A pedicure (I think this is ours after the 50 day challenge)
- Massage
- New cute outfit when I've dropped a size/2 for a wedding this summer
- New haircut
And for when I've hit goal - I really do want to be on a beach or on the ocean. Whether that's a short cruise (Where my boyfriend and I met almost 24 years ago), a Mexican retreat or someplace TBD - I want to celebrate. I want to feel confident in that swimsuit, take a run on that beach, Shout out to the ocean - King of the world/Titanic style - I MADE IT, drink in the rays of the sun - letting myself think that they are the blazing smiles of my parents and those I love looking down on me and I'll smile a ridiculous smile knowing I did it.

No comments:
Post a Comment