Monday, February 2, 2015

Over the halfway point..

Well, we're a little more than halfway through this challenge and I'm proud of what we've worked for!  I'm also thinking a lot about what is waiting on the other side of this challenge now.  I know I'm not hitting my goal weight/size by the end of 50 days, but I know I want to keep this momentum up so I do hit it!  I'm thinking a lot about what I can do to make sure that happens.  This has helped build healthy habits and gave me a jump start.  I know there's a journey a head of me too.  This 50 day challenge has a finite end, my journey to my goal doesn't.  My mind is full of so many questions - how much will I have lost at the end of this challenge (both weight and body fat), how much closer to goal could I be by the end of April (my 40th birthday), how will my tradeshow "outfits" fit by the next one, by the summer how will I feel about swimsuit shopping, where will I be by the end of summer/a year from now goal wise?? 

I haven't weighed in on this challenge and that's a HUGE deviation from past efforts.  At first when my boyfriend brought up his not wanting to know what his weigh ins were, I thought he was crazy.  How can someone not want to know what the almighty number says?  Then in talking more - it really hit me.  Every time in the past, I weighed in on Friday mornings.  It affected my day EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.  If I was up or the same, I was grouchy, irritable, down on myself and felt like Screw it.  Why deny myself a latte or lunch out when obviously what I'm doing is not helping?  If I was down, I'd pat myself on the back a little too hard and then reward myself with a latte, lunch out, extra glass of wine at night..  So I joined him in shunning the ever precious scale, even when it sings it's siren song to just peek at the number.  I'm more than a number and whatever that number is at the end of 50 days - I know I worked hard for it.  I'm not going to sugar coat it - it may sting pretty deep if I don't see something I deem significant but I'm going to have to find a way past that and know that I worked hard.  The weight didn't go on in 50 days - it's not going to come off in 50 days either.  On the flip side, if I see something awesome - I need to keep my celebratory pat on the back in check and know - there's still a road ahead of you, don't derail just because the 50 day structure isn't there.

These are some of my favorite pins on my fitness board when it comes to motivation.  I've been keeping them pretty handy and getting them in my head so I push forward just as hard after these 50 days.  

  


Until next time..Hands in the air, 2 Claps..  GET THAT BONZA BOOTY BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment